1) Use a mix of different sprouts for salads and soon you will reap the benefits of healthy eating. Since sprouts are not cut, their living cell walls are intact, hence these are nutrient packed. Not only is it a rich source of vitamins, proteins, and fiber, it is also antioxidant-rich, has an alkaline effect on the body, is a good source of essential fatty acids, low in calories, have a low glycaemic index and are chlorophyll-rich!
2) Need more convincing??
Well when mixed with fresh fruits and vegetables, some nuts thrown on top and garnished with a delicious sauce using Avocado Oil that’s anyways the best and healthiest kind of oil, this mixed sprout salad becomes a healthy, wholesome and nutritious way to start your mornings.
Why Avocado Oil?
The avocado oil is rich in Omega 3 and monounsaturated fats, that can help to lower low “bad” cholesterol levels.
- 1 cup Mixed sprouts
- 1 green apple, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced small
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs, cilantro and mint, cleaned and chopped fine
- Juice of 1 lemon, squeezed fresh
- 1 tbsp grated jaggery
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Salt and pepper as per taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
Time: about 10 minutes.
- Start by chopping the fruits and vegetable. Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients in a jar with a tight lid.
- Screw the lid on and shake till the dressing is creamy. Pour some dressing on the salad and toss it together.
- Serve fresh with more dressing a squeeze of lemon juice if preferred.