Salads don’t have to be reserved for summers! Make this green goddess salad with a super delicious avocado oil vinaigrette that will satiate you while keeping you healthy all the year round. Best part – this salad is totally customizable depending on what you have on hand. And that Avocado Oil vinaigrette, so good you will be eating it by the spoonful and drizzling it on pretty much everything
Why Avocado Oil?
The avocado oil is rich in Omega 3 and monounsaturated fats, that can help to lower low “bad” cholesterol levels.
- 1/2 head of lettuce, cleaned and torn by hand
- 1 cucumber , sliced thin
- 1 carrot , sliced thin
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ cup mixed sprouts
- Few slices of radish or daikon
- Mixed herbs like cilantro, mint, basil
- Spring onion, green parts
- Feta as much as you like
- Roasted pine nuts
- For the Avocado Oil vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey (more if desired)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- For the dressing, mix everything together in a jar till it comes together. Set aside
HOW TO MAKE IT
Time taken: 15 mins
- For the dressing, mix everything together in a jar until it comes together. Set aside
- Wash and dry the lettuce and tear it into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice the other vegetables.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce of a plate. Top with veggies and mixed sprouts.
- Add the chopped herbs, feta and pinenuts.
- Finally, drizzle the avocado oil vinaigrette and serve immediately.