This is one of those wholesome lunch meals you can carry to work. In a bento box of course! It takes minutes to prepare so is perfect to even cook in the morning. The tofu, broad beans, cucumber all mean you eat healthy at work while the rice just adds the perfect touch to this tofu dish. Avocado Oil makes the whole dish extremely flavorful and really it to another level. Swap with paneer or mushroom if desired.
Why Avocado Oil?
The avocado oil is rich in Omega 3 and monounsaturated fats, that can help to lower low “bad” cholesterol levels.
For the baked tofu:
- 1 block or 250 firm tofu
- Salt and black pepper
- A sprinkling of paprika
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado Oil
For the sauce:
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 15 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-inch ginger minced
- 3-4 pickled jalapeno, chopped
- Bird eye chillies, chopped as desired
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Peanuts, crushed
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
Time taken:15 mins
To make the baked tofu:
- Simply mix all the ingredients with the tofu and place on a baking tray. Bake at 180 C for 15 min till crisp and slightly browned.
- While the tofu is baking, mix all the ingredients mentioned under sauce together in a bowl. Make sure the cornflour is dissolved completely.
- Next, make the sauce by heating a pan. Once hot add the Avocado Oil and let it shimmer.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook till the raw smell leaves. Next, add the jalapeno and half of the birds eye chili. Saute.
- Now add the sauce to the pan and let it cook for 1 min.
- Add the tofu, lower the heat and toss together for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and garnish with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, chili flakes, and more bird eye chili if desired.
- Enjoy hot with greens of choice and some steamed rice.