Cream of Mushroom Soup
This is the comfort soup everyone craves for. Silky smooth soup of mixed mushroom, flavorful and filled with the goodness of Avocado Oil this easy yet filling soup will have you clamoring for more. Swap the traditional butter here for Avocado Oil and you have a bowl of soup that’s healthy too!
- 250 gms button mushrooms
- 250 gms wild mushroom or shitake mushroom
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- Few bits of bird eye chillies for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
Time taken:30 mins
- Heat the Avocado Oil on medium-high heat in a thick bottomed pan. When the oil is hot, add the chopped mushroom and stir. Cook the mushroom on medium-high heat until they are lightly browned and have released most of their water, about ten minutes.
- Now add the onion, garlic, oregano, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, the stock and increase the heat. Now let the stock come to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender or even a standing blender, puree the soup until completely smooth. Then return to the pot and heat it up. At this point, you can add more water or stock if it looks too thick.
- Finally, remove from heat, stir in the cream and black pepper.
- Serve into soup bowls and garnish with a drizzle of cream, pine nuts, and chilies if desired. Enjoy!