We all know by now that avocado oil is super healthy and a must in our pantries! Avocado oil is thick and luscious and obtained from the fatty flesh of avocadoes. But the extraordinary powers of avocado oil lie in its beauty benefits. It is immensely useful in the skin, medicinal and hair care world for its amazing moisturizing, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, healing and nourishing properties.
Avocado oil is brimming with vitamins, antioxidant and phytochemicals. The main compound of avocado oil is oleic acid, which makes up 50% of the oil. Other compounds in avocado oil include:
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Palmitic acid, Beta carotene, Linoleic acid, Lecithin, Docosadienoic acid
Here are some ways you could use avocado oil beyond your kitchen.
Get Gorgeous Hair :
- Create a hot oil treatmen: A hot oil treatment will soothe dry, frizzy hair and give it a boost of shine. To make it, simply warm a small amount of avocado oil in the microwave and spread it generously through your hair and wrap your hair in a warm towel or a shower cap. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes and then rinse. To really boost your results, you can add other oils like olive, coconut and almond for a powerful boost of natural hair health.
- Enhance your conditioner: Add a few drops of avocado oil to your regular hair conditioner. Your hair soaks up fatty acids, anti-oxidants and the other good ingredients in avocado oil. Adding them daily will give you shinier, healthier hair.
- iii. Smooth split ends. If you’re troubled by dry, frazzled split ends, rub a tiny amount of avocado oil between your fingers and then rub it onto the ends.
- Get better heat-styling results. If you use a curling iron or straightening iron, give your hair some protection with a light coating of avocado oil.
- Smooth split ends. If you have dry, frazzled split ends, rub a tiny amount of avocado oil between your fingers and then rub it onto the ends.
- If you’re worried about weak, thinning hair, use an overnight soak of avocado oil. Apply the oil generously to your hair and wrap your hair in a plastic cap. Wake up to thicker-feeling, softer hair.
For gorgeous skin.
- Boosts Collagen – Collagen is the main protein structure found in our skin. It’s what binds, strengthens and elasticizes skin. Without collagen, skin becomes wrinkly, saggy and droopy. Avocado oil helps boost collagen production in skin. This promotes soft youthful skin and delays aging.
- Great Moisturizer – With its thick consistency, avocado oil is the perfect moisturizer for dry skin. If your skin is dry, itchy, painful and inflamed, avocado oil is your go-to moisturizer. If you’re worried about wrinkles, make avocado oil part of your regimen. The fatty alcohols, vitamin E and antioxidants in avocado oil are the same ones you’ll find in the most expensive anti-aging lotions.
- Use avocado oil as a makeup remover. Because it contains no known allergens, it’s safe to use on even the most sensitive skin. Simply warm the oil between your hands and spread gently over your face. Rub it in to clean off makeup and wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth.
- Get rid of cracked feet. Avocado oil can reach deep into cracked, dry skin on your feet and soften it.
- Smooth your skin while shaving. Avocado oil makes a great shaving lotion that will leave skin soft instead of scratched. Simply rub the oil into the wet skin of your face, legs or arms before shaving. You’ll discover that the oil helps the blade glide smoothly and leaves your skin soft.
- Soothe chapped lips. If your lips are prone to chapping in cold or dry weather, use avocado oil to relieve them. You’ll enjoy the light feeling on your lips and the mild taste.
In medicinal uses:
- Ease joint pain – Avocado oil has proven so effective at treating the pain of arthritis, it is now considered an official medical prescription in France. If you suffer from arthritis or you have joint pain from exercising, using avocado oil on your stiff joints will bring you immediate relief.
- Improve gum health- Studies have found that people who ate a lot of avocados had lower rates of gum disease than those who didn’t. Start using avocado oil regularly and your gums will benefit.
- Heal psoriasis- Moisturize and smoothen rough dry and scaly psoriasis patches with avocado oil. It’s intensely lubricating and seals moisture into skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflamed psoriasis. Studies have found that creams containing avocado oil can dramatically improve the symptoms of psoriasis. Some psoriasis sufferers can’t tolerate other oils, like coconut or almond, but avocado oil is gentle enough for almost any skin.
- Improve your vision – The high amount of lutein in avocado oil has been shown to protect your eyes from common eye diseases like cataracts.
- Keep your baby healthy- Studies have found that a diet high in folate makes for a safer, healthier pregnancy. Nourish your baby and get the folate you need from avocado oil. The nice and thick consistency of avocado oil makes it a good massage oil.
- Removes Dark Circles – Some people swear by avocado oil for dark circles. Avocado oil also helps erase dark circles due to its high vitamin and fatty acid content. It also nourishes the delicate under-eye skin and keeps it soft and wrinkle-free.
- Improves Skin Elasticity – Filled to the brim with lubricating fatty acids, avocado oil nourishes skin, boosts collagen and maintains its elasticity.
- Soothes Sun Damaged Skin – Avocado oil is contains powerful anti-inflammatory compounds that soothe and heal sun damaged skin. You can apply it straight on the affected area or mix ½ tsp of avocado oil in 2 tbsp aloe vera gel before applying.
- Good for Eczema – Eczema, being a dry inflamed skin condition can also be treated naturally using avocado oil. You can use it straight out of the bottle or combine it with your body lotion.
- Oil Cleansing – is a popular method of using oils to cleanse your face. Oil cleansing is a great method for dry skin types, which suffer from too much dryness after being cleansed with store-bought cleansers. Mix ½ tsp of avocado oil with ½ tsp of hazelnut oil. Massage this onto your face then wring out a soft microfiber cloth in hot water and start dabbing it on your face. Then wipe your face of the excess oils and pat dry with a face towel.
- Good for Nails – Avocado oil is excellent for dry brittle nails and peeling cuticles. Make your own lubricating nail oil for beautiful nails & cuticles! All you need to do is add 1 tsp avocado oil and 1 tsp grapeseed oil into a 10 ml roller bottle. Now add 5 drops geranium oil and 5 drops lavender oil. Replace the roller ball and close the cap. Shake well to combine. Roll on your cuticles and nails every night before bed.